The Public Relations and Complaints Department will seek to establish an environment conducive to the attainment of a better relationship with the public through a more service oriented Police Force.
The Public Relations and Complaints Department will promote a creative and responsible environment to facilitate coperation between citizens and members of the Royal Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force - thereby providing an atmosphere of continuous interaction- and to ensure the delivery of quality service to all.
Objectives (Short term)
- To implement Neighbourhood Watch Schemes in communities, which are prone to criminal activities.
- To liaise with members of the public through technology.
- To improve and maintain good relations with the media.
- To establish Police Youth Clubs with a view to developing a closer link between the Police and youth.
- Develop a programme to ensure that current members and recruits are exposed to training in Public Relations, Human Rights Issues and Interpersonal Skills.
Objectives (Long term)
A more professional Police Force equipped to provide the most effective and efficient quality of service possible, which is integral to achieving safe and harmonious communities.
There is a corporate plan for the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force. Prior to that there was no Corporate Plan as such, but a structural organisational framework within which the Police Force operated. The idea of the Police Force being seen as an organisation with a corporate personality is a matter of recent conceptualisation.
The Corporate Plan, which is now to be incorporated in the local Police Force, seeks to address the following areas: -
- Reduction of Crime through the encouragement of Neighbourhood Watch Schemes and youth programmes.
- Provision of computer equipment and expertise as well as training in record management and basic immigration services.
- Providing training in crime investigation and detection to include crime trends' analysis, photography and fingerprinting and management of major incidents.
- Develop a comprehensive programme of training for current members.